Error
  • XML Parsing Error at 1:7669. Error 9: Invalid character
  • XML Parsing Error at 1:7669. Error 9: Invalid character
Bagni di Lucca PDF Print
Terme Italia - Terme Italia
The first news of the Terme di Bagni di Lucca date to the first triumvirate in 56 BC, when Caesar, Pompey and Crassus divided the world and then came to take the waters in Bagni di Lucca. This legend, it is nevertheless certain that the baths at the time of the Roman Republic were already known.

With the fall of the Roman Empire declined and the abandonment of the baths of the population of mountain valley for safer places led to a rapid evacuation of the therapeutic springs.

The Lombards rediscovered the miraculous water, but only during the period of the Countess Matilde there will be a restoration and development of a new spa. The closeness of the street Francigena Terme, which coincided with the ancient Via Clodia New from Lucca led in Emilia, was carrying a large volume of travelers, pilgrims and merchants on their way in Rome and in France, so that the Countess Matilda of Canossa, Maddalena said he built the bridge of the Devil just to allow travelers to go to the spa for treatment. The goodness of water created that aura of miraculous place for health who helped to make known our place in the world. Around the sources will be born then closed (hotels medieval), inns, and houses for rent to wealthy foreigners.

Since the early years of the thirteenth century Lucca permanently seized of the spa, well aware of the value of Spa as a place to stay and care, and the Statute of the City of Lucca of 1308 governing its administration, both public and Spa.

The spa buildings

Jean Varraud establishment: one operating with water at 54 degrees, steam caves, mud therapy, massage, inhalation, and skin care, home of the first home game in the world, where the wheel has turned for the first time in Europe.

Establishment Of Showers Low: rising from 42 ° to 46 °, now abandoned, which in the late Middle Ages, the disease is cured with showers, which at the time was a novelty. Here he discovered the fallopian functioning of the fallopian tubes, and the legend & if you want your woman becomes pregnant, and you send it to the bathroom there and that the source is called Desperate cure diseases that otherwise tended the undertaker.

Plant Hospital Demidoff: water at 46 °, was built by Prince Demidoff in 1828 as a hospital for the poor. Today is a center of holistic medicine.

Plant Bernabo: with water at 40.1 °, for the extraordinary care of all skin problems. In 1510 such a Bernabo da Pistoia, a rich man but with a horrible skin disease, he immersed himself in the spring where the villagers brought the animals to heal the sick and came out cured. Bernabo built at his own expense this establishment that bears his name. What is certain is that the European aristocracy came to togliesi signs of smallpox to Bernabo. Restored in 1812 by Elisa on Sanbuchy project was considered the plant with the most beautiful landscape of Italy.

St. John's Bathroom: with sources at 38 °, is mentioned for the first time as the existing building in 1307. Named for the popular tradition of going to swim for the anniversary of the saint. The spring fed copious six tanks used for the treatment of various categories of people: the Knights, Citizens, Women, Jews, and finally the servants. They were not to be very roomy as some writers write that plunged 50 people at a time. We drank bottled water and the fourteenth century after the war. Here Heine was inspired its famous Reisebilder page.

Bathroom at the Villa: with water at 39 °, restored by the Republic in 1376. Bertini (director of the Baths), after a subsequent restoration in 1471 wanted to put a plaque on the facade of marble where indicated all the treatments done in the factory, advertising the first description of the spa in the world. Frequented by Montaigne that cured his kidney stones urinating 36 calculations of the size of a small olive. Among the distinguished visitors, there was also Ramolino Letizia, Napoleon's mother, remembered for its stinginess (he wanted to withdraw the bread baker and replace with fresh ones).

Bath Cardinals with 37.1 · This water source to the Cova (mentioned for the first time only in 1775), also used today as a solution to all problems of digestion, referred to a "digest even stones", as they say villagers. Before it was called Bagno Gualoppino (already mentioned in 1292) because we were brought to water and care for horses. Built as a new plant by Mr Cardinals in 1858 near the Royal Casino, the only private facility in operation until 1921, was later used as a private residence.
 

Cittą italiane

article thumbnail Cittą di Palermo
Thursday, 02 September 2010 |

Webitaly.it
Network JollyPortal: [ powered by Web Agency Pisa ] :: HOTELS ITALIA :: AZIENDE ITALIA :: HOTEL PISA :: powered by TSE Posizionamento motori di ricerca

network portali